Bookmark this page
| Show your support for WBCCI. Vote NO on the name change. CLICK HERE to get your avatar.||
||Home | Pictures | History | Links | Projects | Video | Voyages | Miscellaneous | Contact | Latest Updates | Site Map | Search
The Valve Exposed
|With the tub removed you can easily see the old mixing valve and the burst in the pipe. This is a simple 3 port valve – 2 inlet and one outlet. It is fastened to a block of wood and that is screwed to the shower itself with 4 screws.
- Remove the shower hose and backflow fitting
- Remove the chrome plated fitting that the shower hose and backflow fitting screw into
- to do this you will have to use a pipe wrench on the shower outlet valve and a wrench of some type on the fitting itself
- use some sort of protection on the wrench to prevent damage to the chrome finish
- alternatively you could screw a 1/2 threaded pipe into the fitting and unscrew it.
- Using a tubing cutter, cut the hot and cold water supply pipes to the valve.
- Remove the 4 screws that hold the valve to the shower wall.